Friday, January 1, 2010

Smart ideas aren't always so smart...

Happy 2010!

With that out the way....

Welcome to the inside of my mind. I decided (as you've notice) to start a blog of my thoughts. Some blogs will be more humorous then others and some might literally not make any sense to you, but will still be a good read. I think (Think: verb-to have as an opinion) the society has ridden a lot of people of having an open mind and expressing their opinions. Well I M.Lanzo promise to keep it real thru my blogs, I am not holding anything back, and if you get offended, or can't handle it, I advise you to suck it up and keep reading! Just joking if you don't like what you read , take your mouse move it up towards the little red x on the top of this screen and hey look at that, out of sight out of mind. Those who keep reading, feel free to leave your comments, as long as any feed back I get is real. As Ray J says on his reality show that seems oh so staged..."Keep it 100". With that being said...let's get it crackin'

I just read an article earlier this week, on Farmers basically being greedy. Apparently farmers are giving live-stock penicillin...yes penicillin (Penicillin: The most famous of all antibiotics, named for the fungal mold Penicillium notatum from which it is derived. Penicillin acts by destroying the cell wall of bacteria. medicinenet.com) to beef them up, I mean this shouldn't come to any surprise that they are using chemicals to give us beefy meet, but whatever happen to injecting them with steroids...or how about this, feeding them the right way?? Well anywho, medically proven when something or someone is given too many doses of antibiotics they begin to repel infections and other antibiotics. This "smart" farmer who was giving his earnings penicillin, ended up getting kicked in the knee by one of his live-stock (I would have aimed higher) busting his knee open, blood everywhere, big scene yaddy yaddy, drama drama.... Come to find out the pig, for some strange reason had a open wound in his foot and there was blood transmission between the farmer and his bacon...WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT?!? Anywho farmer didn't think nothing of it, days later it apparently swelled up to an abnormal size, so he went and got it checked by doctors. Doctors then gave him the normal medication, days later BAM! Antibiotics weren't working, the infection was spreading and the knee was still ballooning. Well come to find out that, the penicillin the farmer was using to grow his pockets, was the same thing that was repelling the infection and the medication in his body. I am sure the farmer was thinking, "FML" (FML: F*** My Life).

After reading this article I laughed a little...actually a lot. Because it just shows how we (yes I said WE) will do ANYTHING to cheat the system to make a quick dollar. There's this Spanish saying that goes, "lo barato sali caro" which basically means, taking the cheap way out will always end up costing you twice as much at the end. I thought of this saying instantly when I finished reading the last sentence in this article. Then I debated with myself the pros and cons about becoming a vegetarian...then I thought HELL NO, I am a meat lover!! I popped a U-turn (yes I must admit I was driving and reading this article)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Please do not text and drive, in 2009 alone 5,870 (washingtonpost.com) people have died from people who can not wait to answer that text message, or update their Facebooks, or Tweets just to post that they are driving. Let's make 2010 a safe year!

So I popped that U-Turn right into a local McDonalds and ordered a Double Cheese burger with no onions and paid .60 cents extra to add BACON. Needless to say I was in heaven!! Why should my stomach suffer because a farmer doesn't know what he is doing? I hope this was a lesson learned for all those farmers out there trying to survive in this recession, by trying to kill their consumers.

I provided the link below so you can read it for yourself.
...and don't worry the next blog will not be as boring as this one.

Be safe!
M.Lanzó 8)



http://www.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?bb=bbdown&sid=147&nid=4514491&cid=379&scid=-1&ith=0&title=National+News

No comments:

Post a Comment